SSL is a networking technology used to link web server to a web browser in a safe way. Full meaning of SSL is Secure Sockets Layer. It is one of the security technology. This protected connection is encrypted. So it guarantees that the data transferred between this link indicates a private and original web server and browser. SSL is a common industry protocol used for the security of your online transactions with their clients on many websites.
Why Do We Need SSL For Our Website?
The primary explanation of why SSL is used is to secure encrypted personal information transmitted through the Internet so that it can be read by only the intended user. It is important because if you don’t send encrypted information anyone can get your information. SSL’s primary function is to provide Web traffic protection. Confidentiality, message integrity & authorization are included in this security system.
What is SSL in SEO?
Google ranks HTTPS pages higher. When you have installed an SSL Certificate correctly on the web, you have an HTTPS URL. Which shows that your website is secured. If a visitor visits your site and sees your website or brand is unsecured, they have no trust in continuing on your website. Since nobody wants to see this “non-secure” sign where the transaction is heading or readers can get some information.
Want to know more about the URL Structure? You can follow: Complete Guide On Structuring SEO-Friendly URL
Difference Between Paid And Free SSL
According to Domain Validation (DV), Organization Validation (OV) and Extended Validation (EV) certificates, SSL is counted as two types. One is free SSL and another is paid SSL.
- Paid SSL provide in other higher validation,i.e.DV, OV, and EV
- Paid SSL certificate minimum is valid for 1-2 years.
- Paid SSL provides customer support.
- Paid SSL has huge warranties.
- Enough powerful to protect your data.
- It help to secure the main domain, sub domain, etc.
- Paid SSL ideal for medium or large businesses.
- CA’s providing paid SSL, have all the resources to validate the authenticity of the organization aside from validating the identity of the site owner.
- Free SSL provide only one validation i.e, DV
- Free SSL certificate minimum is valid for 30 – 90 days.
- It does not provide any kind of support.
- Free SSL does not come with a warranty
- A victim can’t claim for the damage.
- Free SSL help to secure the main domain on your website.
- Free SSL ideal for an informative website or a blog site.
- CA’s providing free SSL only validates the identity of the website owner.
Protect your users’ data online with Premium
Namecheap SSL security.
Process To Set Up A Free SSL On WordPress Website
Today we’re going to see how you can get free SSL for your wordpress website. Now if you go to your website and you see this not secure message on your browser. This means you don’t have SSL.
Now you need to get an SSL for your website if you want to change this message to the secure lock icon. This will help your visitors trust your website. So let’s get started.
We’re going to get a free SSL in just five steps:
- Create an account on Cloudflare
- Add your website to this Cloudflare account
- Change your nameservers
- Installed the Cloudflare plugin in WordPress
- Enable SSL in Cloudflare